Wednesday 12 January 2011

I am an Honest Star


I am an Honest Star, originally uploaded by Cat Johnson.

As a mommie living with secondary cancer, I know that my number will be up sooner rather than later. So I do my best to cram in as much as I can with my boy, especially preparing him to grow up into a good, honest, loving and giving man. To make it into a game, I am using Star Cards which have a different type of star on each, and hopefully doing a card a day will help my boy think about some of the qualities which I wish to instill in him. The Star Card for 11 January 2011 which he picked from a deck of 52 is "I am an Honest Star" and throughout the day his aim was to tell the truth. I like these cards a lot, they open up all sorts of discussions and provide an opportunity not just to teach values but to also work on basic reading skills. And it's fun! Each day my boy is excited to pick a star, to talk about what it means, and at bedtime he reminds me which star he had and what it meant to him during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment