Thursday 20 January 2011

Happy Birthday, Me


Happy Birthday, Me, originally uploaded by Cat Johnson.

Today I am 45 and very happy indeed to be this age. Only a few months back I wasn't expected to live until this Birthday so I am well chuffed. I made myself vegan vanilla and agave nectar cupcakes but they were destined to be a bit of disaster from the off. The cakes are perection: moist, sweet, yummy. The frosting, hmmm. I ran out of icing sugar so got creative, put on my blue sky thinking cap, and blended caster sugar until it was powdery. All good, albeit a bit granular. Then I couldn't find the piping bag so in the end the frosting got dolloped on top of the cakes. Do I care? Do I heck! These very homemade-looking cupcakes are delish beyond words and I am now off to light the candle and scoff this very cake with a nice glass of crisp, fresh Pinot Grigio.

Cheers, everyone, wish I were able to share the cupcakes with you all.

hggt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment