Tuesday 5 July 2011

fence Friday: the "feeling fairly fab" edition

hff :)

So, I was at hospital for my routine check-up (I go to see my oncologist every six weeks, my clinical pharmacist every three weeks, bloods, every couple of weeks, yuk), and for the first time ever, my oncologist saw me as a person, not a disease to be treated. It was really nice! I think showing him photographs from the recent French vacation did the trick, the vacation which he tried to stop me from having. On top of that, for the first time in nearly a year, he didn't tell me that the end for me was near, nor did he say it would be swift and painful. He was pleased with my recent blood results, and didn't moan about the tumours growing for a change. So, all-in-all, a positive result!!! I am going to have a mini-celebration by going out to dinner with James and my good friend Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment