Tuesday 2 August 2011

here it goes again


here it goes again, originally uploaded by Cat Johnson.

hfdt :)

OK Go

I am a very broke mommie. Why, oh why, did I think it would be a good idea to get my boy on to a football (or soccer for my overseas friends) course this Summer, it's costing a small fortune.

We are not a football family, oh dear me, no! James is a rugby man, I am more athletics and swimming. But little guys like to do the same as other little guys, so I dutifully sent him on a vacation training academy course. And he loves it! Cool. But...and here's the rub, all the other kids are really into football and turn up in full strip, skin pads, football boots, the lot, and my boy is feeling left out. So today after the academy we went to a sports shop to purchase one set of shin pads and a pair of socks. Then we discovered the socks were so chunky that his trainers didn't fit, so we had to buy proper boots. Then I felt bad that he didn't have a fancy kit in which to run around, so more money...

My compensation for all thiis money spent? A facedown tribute to OK Go's seminal video. If you haven't seen it, check it out, it's fun. I just wish I had the boys re-enact a few of the moves standing up. Maybe next time...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment