Monday 20 June 2011

remembering: for Karen


remembering: for Karen, originally uploaded by Cat Johnson.

Explored, 17 June 2011, #183


hff

if you take one thing away from looking at this image, it should be to check your boobies

I found out in the early hours of this morning that one of my friends had died. She had secondary breast cancer. She was doing pretty well up until mid-May, then she went quiet and was admitted to a hospice. I feel bad because I was going through my own cancer traumas at the time and wasn't the friend I should have been. She died on 30 May. I am a rubbish friend because I hadn't made the effort to make contact. She was an Internet friend that I met on a forum for men and women with breast cancer and she was always such a delight, a bubbly, caring lady. She was 45.

No comments:

Post a Comment