Monday 11 April 2011

bench Monday: one step beyond

Madness

hbm :)

I dedicate this image to everyone who is living with cancer, this illness really takes you several steps beyond what you ever imagined your body, your mind, your emotions, could possibly endure. And it takes your families and friends with you on this oh-so-painful journey. I especially wish to dedicate this to my friend Ric because he's having a tough time but showing such dignity and compassion to others. Huge hugs across the pond to you, Ric.

For me, today is the first day in a couple of months that I've picked up my Nikon and gone out to make a picture. I didn't do the shot I had planned because I was too weak to walk to the bench I had intended to use, so I left the props in the car and just went with this lovely bench surrounded by clumps of golden daffodils, with my two favourite boys messing around, much to the amusement of the local yokels.

No comments:

Post a Comment